Board of Directors
Bill Vance is McCIF’s Board President. He served on the Waco Court of Appeals for eighteen years and retired in 2008. Bill’s experience in public and community service includes:
- 12 years as County Judge of Brazos County
- Chairman of the Bryan-College Station Chamber of Commerce
- Chairman of the Brazos Valley Council of Governments
- District Director of the State Bar of Texas
- Organizer and Chairman of the Brazos Valley MH-MR Board of Trustees
- Member of the Boards of two State Agencies.
Through these roles, Bill became interested and invested in economic development at all levels. As President, his service to the McLennan Community Investment Fund has given him an opportunity to participate in the community’s growth and formation in his retirement years.
Executive Vice President
Jane Allen serves as the Executive Vice President at McCIF. She graduated from Baylor University with a BBA in Business Communications and Marketing where she went on to accrue 20 years of experience as a local banker and 20 years of experience in management at Texas Farm Bureau Insurance Companies. Jane is also a small business owner who provides tours of Waco to those from near and far. She hopes that her tours will inspire others to fall in love with Waco and stay. Jane became interested in nonprofit through the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation as a breast cancer survivor, herself. She also volunteered in many other capacities with the local Susan G. Komen affiliate and served as interim Executive Director through 2 transitions of the affiliate into large market areas. After retirement, Jane began to work with numerous nonprofits throughout Waco, which she considers to be her favorite city. These organizations include:
- Historic Waco Foundation
- Brazos Higher Education Authority
- Waco Symphony Council
- Waco Convention and Visitors Bureau and others
She considers one of her greatest accomplishments to be her role as the first female bank president in McLennan County at Lorena State Bank. Jane has been married to her husband, George Allen, a Retired Senior District Judge, for 15 years, and is a mother to two children and grandmother to three. When she’s not at work, Jane enjoys traveling and reading.
Her interest in nonprofits and commitment to the community can be seen in the many roles she serves in the community, especially in her role as Council Liaison for the Waco Youth Council. Andrea continues her love for working with young people by coaching them in civic leadership training and helping them cultivate special projects like recycling and educating other young people about their carbon footprint.
Andrea also serves on:
- Texas Ranger Hall of Fame Museum Board
- Airport Advisory Board
- Texas Downtown Association Board
- Texas Travel Alliance Board
- Waco ISD Foundation Board
- Prosper Waco Board
- Creative Waco Cultural Arts Task Force
- NAACP Executive Committee as 2nd Vice President and Economic Engagement Chair
- Communities in Schools Board
- StartUp Waco Board
- Community Visioning Board
- Texas Lyceum
She is also a proud member of the Waco Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated. Andrea has been married to her husband, Elijah, for 18 years and is the mother to two boys, Drew and Jaxon.
Tom Chase is the Chairman of the Board of Insurors Financial Corp. and its subsidiaries, Insurors Indemnity Company, Insurors Indemnity Select and Insurors Indemnity Underwriters after having served as President and CEO from their founding to 2014. Tom began his insurance career in 1972 with the predecessor of Insurors of Texas General Agency, having previously practiced law with Naman, Howell, Smith and Lee in Waco, Texas.
A graduate of the University of Texas School of Law in Austin, he holds a Doctor of Jurisprudence with Honors degree and was a member of Phi Delta Phi and Order of Coif. He has a BA from Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN. Tom has earned the designations of Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Accredited Advisor in Insurance (AAI) and Associate in Fidelity and Surety Bonding (AFSB). He is a past President (1981) and Director (1979 – 1982) of The Independent Insurance Agents of Central Texas.
His experiences in insurance include:
- Chair at Insurors Indemnity Company
- Chair at Insurors Indemnity Select
- Chair at Insurors Indemnity Underwriters
- Chairman of the Board of Insurors Financial Corp.
- Designations of Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter (CPCU)
- Accredited Advisor in Insurance (AAI)
- Associate in Fidelity and Surety Bonding (AFSB)
- Previous President (1981) and Director (1979 – 1982) of The Independent Insurance Agents of Central Texas
Tom serves on committees of numerous civic organizations and is also a member of the board of directors of Central National Bank. Tom and his wife, Penny, have a son, George, who is President of Insurors of Texas General Agency, Ltd., and a daughter, Felicia Goodman, who is the Executive Director of the Cooper Foundation of Waco.
Alfred Solano is the CEO/President of the Hispanic Chamber. He graduated from Texas State Technical College in 1982 with a degree in AAS Electronics Technology. He has 36 years of experience in the office technology industry, where he provided business equipment and software solutions and broad service on various nonprofit boards and advisory councils. Alfred’s interest in nonprofit began when he attended a Hispanic Chamber monthly luncheon that opened his eyes to how broad of an impact a chamber can have on people.
Other impactful roles he held prior to McCIF were in serving:
- City Center Waco
- First Central Credit Union
- City of Waco Recycling Advisory Council
Currently, Alfred serves the Waco community on the following boards:
- Waco Family Medicine (Board Chair)
- Prosper Waco (Board Chair)
- Startup Waco
- Hillcrest Healthcare Systems
- Act Locally Waco
- MCC Foundation
- Heart of Texas (HOT) Development District
Alfred has been married to his wife, Rachel, for 13 years. He has one daughter, Elena, who has also invested in a career focused on serving others.